All You Need to Know About Video Specs on LinkedIn
If you’re thinking about videos on Linkedin as a way to market yourself or your brand, you’re on the right track. A study found that 59% of senior executives prefer to consume content via video in comparison to writing. The number of videos on the platform are rising and we want to make sure you have all you need to create the right videos:
Uploading a video to Linkedin
Uploading a video directly to Linkedin is the best option, rather than posting a Youtube or Vimeo (Linkedin wants to keep you on the site, of course).
Here are some guidelines you need to follow to upload a video successfully:
- Aspect Ratio: 1:2.4 to 2.4:1
- Max File Size: 5GB
- Accepted Video Formats: .ASF, .AVI, .FLV, .MOV, .MPEG-1, .MPEG4, .MP4, .MKV, and .WebM.
- Video Length: 3 seconds to 10 minutes
- Video Max Frames: 60fps.
For more information, visit LinkedIn’s help center.
Video advertisements on Linkedin
If you’re looking to advertise on Linkedin by creating sponsored video ads, here are all the guidelines you need to know:
- Required Dimensions:
- Landscape Video: 640 x 360 to 1920 x 1080.
- Square Video: 360 x 360 to 1920 x 1920
- Vertical Video: 360 x 640 to 1080 x 1920
- Aspect Ratios:
- Landscape: 16:9
- Square: 1:1
- Vertical: 9:16
- Maximum File Size: 200MB
- Video Format: .MP4
- Video Length: Up to 30 minutes, however 15 second ads perform best according to LinkedIn.
- Frame Rate: Less than 30fps
Embedding a Youtube or Vimeo Video on Linkedin
If you want to share a Youtube or Vimeo video you created, Linkedin allows you to add their links onto the site, however, as we mentioned before it is best practice to upload a video file directly to the social platform for best results. Here are some things you need to keep in mind when embedding a video:
- Platforms you can embed from: Vimeo and Youtube
- Copyrights: If Youtube or Vimeo flags your video for copyrights, you may not be able to successfully embed your video.
- Length: Embedded videos can be longer than uploaded videos.
For more on how to embed a video, read this article.
At Milk Video, we see a lot of customers using our platform to create video content for Linkedin. Long-form videos, and webinars don’t quite capture the attention on a social platform like Linkedin, so the ability to create designed clips with captioning on Milk really helps our customers create great content for their audience.
Start free trial
Turn existing videos into traffic generating trailers, snippets, and more.